You are here
COAST aims to advance Dutch excellence in its TOPsectoren by providing pivotal analytical knowledge and instruments based on fundamental science and by ensuring transfer of analytical expertise between application areas. COAST plans to achieve this by securing and improving Dutch expertise in analytical science and technologies. COAST's mission is to strengthen analytical science in the Netherlands by uniting R&D, human capital and infrastructure:
- To advance R&D and innovation in analytical technologies and encourage cross-fertilization between analytical technologies and application areas (see also position photo with COAST focus);
- To improve education in analytical science and to increase the number of graduates;
- To provide access to research facilities and knowledge for players within and across application areas.
COAST has two primary objectives:
- To ensure that Dutch organizations apply the newest analytical technologies, giving them a competitive edge and helping them contribute to society and the economy;
- To strengthen the field of analytical science as an economic activity in and of itself.
These two, rather broad objectives have been broken down into more manageable objectives which align with the Strategic Agenda:
- To encourage and facilitate research projects by partners from a range of application areas and backgrounds;
- To optimize the fit of level of training and education with market needs for analytical scientists;
- To open up infrastructure to partners.
These objectives will be achieved through the partnership of organizations from key application areas and diverse backgrounds (private, public, academic, etc.) that have a strong interest in the development and application of analytical technologies.