You are here
Prof.dr.ir. Hermie J. Hermens
Director Telemedicine, Roessingh Research and Development.
Working for over 25 years in rehabilitation technology, especially in neuromuscular control (via EMG), and electrical stimulation. Now focusing on combining Biomedical Engineering with ICT to create innovative Telemedicine services, especially remote monitoring and remotely supervised training/treatment.
Scientific track record:
- (Co)- author of over 200 peer reviewed papers published in international journals
- H-index: 34
- Highest number of citations of first author paper: 465
- Number of citations in 2011: 465
- Coordinator of 3 European projects (Seniam, Crest, Impulse) and involved in 20 other European projects
Present and past involvement
- Past president of the international Society of ISEK
- Editor in Chief Journal Back and Musculoskel. Rehabilitation
- Co-founder of the Centre of Research Excellence CCTR
Honors and awards
- Fellow of the international Society of Electrophysiology and Kinesiology
- Assignment successful Eureka project (Impulse)
- Telemedicine, remote monitoring and remotely supervised training, personalised coaching.
- Rehabilitation technology, like sensing technology, especially surface EMG, electrical stimulation, gait analysis.